W E L C O M E


Thursday, January 14

Two Dressers,One Black, One White

This is probably the most amount I have ever paid at the thrift store. $70.00 for a beat up dresser seemed like a good idea at the time. I actually thought it was antique until some guy told me that this was 1930's dresser and has potentially no value whatsoever. It was really in a very poor shape and I kept it in a basement for a year before finally taking the challenge. .
My friend helped me to sand it down. We repaired the holes with a wood putty and stained it with ebony stain. I also kept the original hardware, cleaned and reattached. I love it and it's a keeper.
Before

After
My brother was working on this one, I think he did a great job. It was also a Salvation Army, solid wood find but we made it strictly for selling. 
SOLD
Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment